The Green County Family YMCA is looking for energetic and fun women and men to join our team.
Child Watch Staff
Tuesday evenings 4:15-7:15 pm
Responsible for supervising children age 6 weeks-8 years old.
Communicates in a positive, appropriate, timely manner with YMCA staff, children and families.
Maintains accountability of all assigned children at all times.
Arrives at scheduled times
Exhibits the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Assists in making the room safe and fun for our little members.
Job Type: Part-time
Y-Time Child Care Assistant
Summary: The assistant teacher supports and assists the Lead Teacher in planning and implementing exemplary childcare each day, in addition to being a positive role model for children.
- Assist in leading and supervising developmentally appropriate activities
- Assist in all aspects of the daily schedule with children
- Maintain accountability of all assigned children, at all times
- Communicate in a positive, appropriate manner with all children, parents and YMCA staff, children and families
- Assist lead teacher by helping to develop, plan and implement age appropriate activities daily for all children
- Arrive at scheduled time
- Follow program rules, YMCA policies and procedures
- Exhibit the core values of the YMCA, honesty, respect, and responsibility every day
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent, prefer some schooling beyond high school
- Must have CPR, AED and First Aid Certification within 60 days of starting work
- Must complete new staff orientation
- May need to occasionally lift, transport, position or move up to 50 pounds
- Indoor and outdoor activities in various weather conditions are a typical part of this job
- Occasionally required to participate in swim and water activities
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Requires the ability to respond to emergency situations and apply CPR, and/or First Aid Skills as needed
Job Type: Part-time
Part Time Maintenance
Summary: A qualified applicant will possess some or all of the listed skills (on the job training will be provided as well).
The applicant will work well with a team, while remaining motivated when working on his/her own. Most shifts will include both maintenance projects and custodial duties.
-ability to make use of a broad range of hand tools effectively and safely
-ability to make use of assorted power tools effectively and safely
-enough basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge to assess common issues and
participate in implementing a solution
-ability and willingness to utilize ladders for a variety of purposes
-ability and willingness to lift 50lbs + occasionally and 25lbs + routinely
-experience in interior and/or exterior painting
-entry level landscaping experience (upkeep of existing beds, sport field maintenance)
-basic hvac and/or plumbing knowledge to assess common issues and participate in implementing a solution
-ability to communicate technical concepts to non maintenance staff and members, clearly and patiently
-knowledge of common custodial practices necessary to maintain a cleanly facility
-experience with the process of selecting and working with contractors, from initial bids through to completed projects
-a great attitude and strong work ethic will both be of utmost importance
This is a part time position, 2-4 days per week, with 4-6 hour shifts. Schedule will take into account the most qualified applicants availability. Availability of applicant must include a weekend shift and a majority of week days from mid morning to mid afternoon.
This position includes a full adult membership for the employee as a benefit for the duration of their employment. Please request an application at the YMCA welcome center desk just inside the main entrance. Completed applications may be returned to desk (with attached resume if applicable).
Job Type: Part-time