COVID Policies: Effective Wednesday, May 19th
Here at the GREEN COUNTY FAMILY YMCA, the members we serve are socially and ethnically diverse and span across all age groups. Many factors are taken into careful consideration when determining the best protocols in hopes of meeting the needs of all our members and guests. Since we don’t know who is vaccinated and who isn’t, and since our facility also serves a number of children who currently do not have access to a COVID vaccine, in response to the CDC Announcement made on May 13th, our updated COVID policy includes the following:
Changes to Our Mask Policy:
- Adults who use the facility to workout are encouraged, but no longer required to wear masks while using the facility.
- Children participating in a YMCA youth program are required to wear a mask while indoors. The only exceptions are while eating or swimming in the pool.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 17 who are not enrolled in a youth program are encouraged, but not required to wear masks while using the facility.
Additional Changes to Our COVID Policies Include:
- Nationwide guests are once again permitted to use our facility, provided their membership is active at another Y. (Please note, this is a decision made on a facility-by-facility basis. If you’re interested in using another Y during your travels, please contact that facility directly to find out whether they are permitting Nationwide guests.)
- We will no longer provide complimentary masks to members, as of June 1.
What Is Not Changing:
- YMCA staff will continue to wear masks/face shields while indoors in common places.
- We recommend continuing to social distance.
- Please continue cleaning the equipment you use in the Fitness Center before and after each use. The maximum capacity limit for the fitness center will remain, currently at 28.
- Certain fitness equipment will continue to be blocked off to maintain social distancing.
- Enhanced deep cleaning protocols will continue.