Join Our Team
The Green County Family YMCA is looking for energetic and fun
women and men to join our team.
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Part-Time)
General Description: The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for the health, safety, welfare, and personal growth of each child.
- The Early Childhood Assistant Teacher is responsible for the health, safety, welfare, and personal growth of each child.
- Assist with care and the accommodations of schedules for all children in a nurturing manner
- Assist with planning and implementing age-appropriate lesson plans and activities
- Maintain a professional attitude and relationship with parents
- Comply with state licensing rules and Young Star requirements
- 18 years or older
- Assistant Teacher Certification (according to State Licensing)
- Experience working with children ages 3-5yrs.
- Certifications required: Assistant Teacher (or obtained 3 months after hire), Shaken Baby Syndrome Training, SIDS
- Ability to provide proof of First Aid and CPR Certification within 6 months of hire
- Willingness to learn state licensing child care regulations and procedures for Group Day Care Centers
- Ability to work cooperatively with youth, parents, staff and community organizations
- Joy and satisfaction in working with children
- Ability to work with general supervision
- Ability to maintain a classroom on your own
Background check cannot contain offenses restricted by state law.
Membership Representative (Part-Time)
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- May hand out towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Daytime Lifeguard (Part-Time)
We are currently accepting applications for daytime lifeguards. This position would be for approximately 15 hours per week. YMCA membership is included. Please contact Nicole at (608) 325.2003.
Youth Child Care Worker (After-School Program) (Part-Time)
The Green County Family YMCA is looking for a Youth Child Care Worker in our after-school program. An ideal candidate will have/be…
- 18 years of age or older
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified
- Experience in School Aged Childhood (preferred, will train the right candidate)
- Able to work comfortably with five to twelve year olds
- Able to be self-directive/directed
- Able to assist with daily/weekly themed projects/activities
- Work the Hours of 2:00-5:30 p.m. during the School Year
Child Watch Attendant (Part-Time)
Shifts may vary:
Monday-Thursday evenings: 5:10-7:30 p.m.
Job Summary: Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Creates an environment based on fun, learning, and safety.
1. A year or more experience working with children between the ages of infant – 12yrs preferred.
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications required (will train the right candidate).
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
6. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
7. Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
Summer Camp Counselor (Seasonal, Part-Time)
Hours may vary:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Counselors are directly responsible for the program leadership and well-being of campers, participants, and members under the supervision of the Day Camp Director. Counselors role model for all campers choices that will help all young children to become successful, confident and caring as they mature. There is no bad child…
All Counselor positions require:
1. Putting forth an honest effort, admitting mistakes. Your integrity is reflected in your honest choices.
2. Caring, compassionate and accountable to anyone that we serve. We strive to put the needs of others before our own. We strive to do what is best for the individual and the community.
3. Respect for all individuals that enter Green County Family YMCA. We provide opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds to experience a safe learning environment where everyone is encouraged to grow.
4. Be an active contributing member of the community and take responsibility for all the roles you play as a counselor, mentor, friend, and learner.
5. Age minimum of 18 years or a high school diploma for day camp staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with children and families.
7. Ability to lift 20 lbs.
8. Certification in First Aid and in Infant, Child, and Adult CPR. (Will train the right candidate).
All Counselor positions require each person to:
1. Be available to do whatever is needed to ensure the best possible week for all Green County YMCA campers, members and participants from Monday, June 14th- Friday, August 13th.
2. Live by and teach the Four Principles of the Green County Family YMCA: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility.
3. Maintain the health and safety of campers, members, and participants. It is the #1 priority of the Green County Family YMCA at all times.
4. Attend mandatory staff trainings.
5. Assist the campers, members, and participants as they increase their understanding of their natural and social environments.
6. Ensure that all applicable YMCA regulations are fulfilled.
7. Arrange special activities for groups of children.
8. Recognize campers, members, and participants for their personal growth, exemplary behavior, and skill attainment. Effectively prepare end of session camper notes and submit in a timely fashion.
9. Guide and direct campers, members, and participants toward their potential by creating a loving and supportive environment.
10. Actively participate in teaching and assisting in activities.
11. Be flexible.
12. Provide program leadership by being prepared at all times to teach a variety of camp activities.
Effect on End Results
The effectiveness of all counselors is measured in part by:
1. The number of campers that are positively affected by your abilities to counsel.
2. Children displaying an increase in their ability to positively communicate with their parents/family.
3. Children have learned a new skill (achievement), have made a new friend (relationships) and feel a sense of belonging to the Green County Family YMCA.
4. The achievement of the goals and objectives of the Green County Family YMCA.
5. YMCA Campers, Members, and Participants having a happy, safe, and rewarding experience.
6. Each Staff member and Volunteer having a rewarding growth experience.
7. Positive formal and informal performance reviews.