Strong Swimmers. Confident Kids.
Summer 1 Session: June 14th – July 17th
Member registration begins on May 10th.
Non member registration begins on May 17th.
Summer 2 Session: July 19th – August 21st
(Ages 3 – 5) Flip & Float is a preschool program that spends a half hour in the gymnastics center working on fine and gross motor skills, flexibility, and basic tumbling skills. The next half hour is spent in the pool with minimum time for lessons, but maximum time for fun with woggles, jugs, slides, basketballs, rings, etc.
How will I know what level my child should be in?
If your child is currently in lessons, the new swim lesson level will be marked on their report card at the end of their current session. If your child is not enrolled in classes, click here to download our swim lesson level guide
Have other questions? Contact our Aquatics Director Nicole Wenger at 608-325-2003 or email@example.com.
Private Swim Lessons
Who benefits from private lessons?
- Children uncomfortable in lessons
- Older children who are non-swimmers
- Quick improvement of certain strokes and technique
- Special needs
- Big fear of water
- Want skills learned faster
- Wants to join swim team and get a head start
- Lessons scheduled at parents request
The Green County Family YMCA’s competitive swim team exists to benefit ALL children who show an interest in training and competing.
Benefits of Gator Swim Team:
- Coached by a 2 time Olympic trial coach
- Learn the 4 competitive strokes correctly
- Learn starts, turns, and dive
- Learn to have a work ethic
- Learn to be a role model
- Learn to be a team player
One of the YMCA swim teams objective is to help young athletes develop their full potential, while clarifying their personal values in a positive atmosphere
Follow our Gators Swim Team Facebook Page!
Parents are welcome to stay in the pool and watch their children in swim lessons. Parents must remain seated on bleachers to watch lessons. Parents will be asked to leave if their presence interferes with lessons or if young siblings are running on deck.
- Missed swim lessons cannot be made up on different days because of the teacher/student ratio requirement.
- For open swim, children 7 and under MUST be accompanied one-on-one by an adult, in the pool, at all times.
- Children wearing any flotation device must be within arms length of parent.
- Any canceled classes that are out of the YMCA’s control will not be made up unless there is a break week at the end of the session.
- A $5 late fee will be added to anyone who signs up after classes have begun. This is due to the instructor to child ratio.
Any lifeguard questioning a swimmer’s skill can request the swimmer pass the YMCA swim test: The swimmer must swim “Front Crawl” with rhythmic breathing one length of the pool (25 meters) and tread water for a minimum of 1 minute. If a swimmer is unable to pass these skills, the individual must stay where he/she can touch the bottom of the pool with their head above water.
Members are reminded that accidents and injuries could occur during participation at the YMCA. All participants should understand that they need to be prudent in their actions, keeping safety for themselves and others in mind. The swimming pool is a place where safety is #1. Members and guests are not to distract the lifeguard in any way; participants must obey the pool rules and follow the direction of the lifeguards and instructors. Parents share the responsibility of safety in all areas of the YMCA.
Inclement Weather Policy (updated 11/19)
The Green County Family YMCA will no longer follow the Monroe School District cancellation policy. Administrative staff will be making decisions on classes as inclement weather occurs. This will offer the Y more flexibility to serve our members by holding classes and programs. Please see our new policy details.
Monroe Schools Delayed
Childwatch open at 10:00 am
Adult Fitness classes will meet
Any youth programming after 10:00am will meet
Monroe Schools Closed
No 3k or 4k
A decision will be made about Childwatch by 6:00 am
A decision will be made about afternoon programming by 1:00 pm
Monroe Schools Dismiss Early
Class and programming decisions will be made by time of dismissal
All closures and cancellations will be posted on Facebook, our website and via an email blast
Make up classes will not be scheduled unless arrangements can be made with the program directors, instructors, necessary support staff and volunteers.